Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Benefit Of Being A Songwriter & A Music Artist


Hello to all of my loyal Stars On The Rise follower I hope you are all having a blast this weekend. I am once again breaking away from the normal blog post to bring you a special blog post that some of you might find helpful if you are looking on becoming a music artist. Today's post focuses on the importance of not just being another talented singer but also being able to write your own songs as well as songs for other music artist to become both successful and profitable in the music industry.

In the music industry today you cannot be just another pretty face that can sing you have to be able to sing and write your own songs in most cases to make any real money in the music industry. There is a famous phrase that “without a songwriter there is no song”. Songwriting is a very important talent and skill to have for anyone serious about becoming a music artist of today.

There are many well-known music artist that have become known for not only being great music artist but for their talented songwriting skills as well. That list includes Ne-Yo, Shontelle and most recognized Mariah Carey. We all love and admire her for that incredible vocal range but she is also recognized for her songwriting credits on her many number 1 hit songs

The ability to tell a story and put it to music and connect with an audience is a gift. But if you have the passion, drive and know how to speak from the heart. Any music artist can become a great songwriter. Songwriting is another great way for a music artist to get attention in the music industry and become profitable as well. I hope you guys have found this post interesting and has given any aspiring music artist some food for thought. As always you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise and like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this blog, Ona! As a singer,songwriter, and producer I also find it important for artists to write their own songs and tell their stories as opposed to connecting with another individuals story. When I work with artist, they will usually ask me, "How do you want me to approach this track?" I simply tell them, "Just do you." I like to encourage artist to find their connection to the music and it helps them grow as an artist. - Zel

    ReplyDelete