Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Lorde

Hello to all of my wonderful and loyal "Stars On The Rise" followers we have made it half way through the work week! So you guys know what that means! Time to pick another "Artist Of The Week"! This weeks artist is someone that I think we are all familiar with but in my opinion she is just that great of a musical artist with a very bright music career ahead of her and I could not pass up the chance to write about her. If you have not guessed who I am talking about or you have been living under a rock for the past years. I am talking about Lorde! Ella Marjia Lani Yelich-O'-Connor aka Lorde was born on November 7, 1996 in Takapuna, Auckland, New Zealand. Lorde discovered her love for singing at the age of 5 when she followed a friend into her drama group. It seem it was her destiny to become a singer and songwriter being born to parents who are poets. At the age of 13 she was signed to Universal Music Group and in 2013 her debut commercial release called "The Love Club EP" which included the hit song "Royals". Since then she has won countless awards which include 2 Grammy awards and she has become a household name. What I love about Lorde is her very unique voice and sound. She sounds like anyone else and that is what makes her a very special and rare talent. When you hear a Lorde song you know it! I also love the fact she is comfortable with who she is as a person and an artist. I also love that her music is not set or focused on being trendy but to have a purpose. So take a listen and tell me what you think! Remember you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise or like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!
                                                                     http://lorde.co/
                                                   https://www.facebook.com/lordemusic

No comments:

Post a Comment