Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Glenn Lewis


Happy Hump Day or as it is comely known Wednesday. I hope your week is going great this week and if not the weekend is just days away. So lets talk about this weeks “Artist Of The Week”. This week I am bringing you a little Neo Soul with a Canadian artist who goes by the name Glenn Lewis. Glenn Lewis was born on March 13, 1975 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Glenn first came on the music scene in 1997 with his first single “The Thing To Do” on the Canadian record label Beat Factory. The song earned him a Juno Award nomination. In 2002 he released his U.S debut album called “World Outside My Window” on Epic Records. The song “Don’t You Forget It” gained him attention and hit number 4 on the Billboard Charts. With the success of this song Glenn had the opportunity to have songs on the soundtrack for the Jennifer Lopez film “Maid in Manhattan”. In 2003 he began work on his sophomore album “Back For More” which earned him a Grammy nomination. What brought this wonderful talented artist to my attention was his 2013 release called “Can’t Say Love”.  I think this song showcases the way a song about love should evoke emotion in a person when they listen to it. By making you feel whatever emotion is trying to convey. I that that is the mark of a great song and artist. So take a listen and tell me what you think. Remember you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise or like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!
                                         www.facebook.com/GlennLewis4Real

No comments:

Post a Comment