Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)


Hello Everyone! I hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Once again I am coming to you with another informative blog post. This time around I will be discussing a very important association to the music industry, the music artist and the music that we love to listen to. The Recording Industry Association of America(RIAA) is a trade organization that supports and promotes the creativity and financial music properties of major music labels. This association is also responsible for awarding gold, platinum and diamond certification to music artist for their music selling accomplishments.

After visiting the RIAA website site I discover that it is a very informative place for people who are working or want to work within the music industry. This website keeps you up to date about current music artist music as well as the success of the current song or album by that particular music artist. Another thing I found quite interesting about this site was it works with a program called Music Matters. This program is designed to help educate consumer about music piracy. But what makes this program special so special is that it does not just educate and preach the stealing digital music is wrong. It offers fun options to find listen and purchase your favorite music artist music without stealing it.

As a person who is interested in becoming apart of the music industry that find and discover new talent and helps to bring them to the worlds attention. This is a great association and website for me to have a connection to. It will help me keep up with current music trends and keep me educated on new ways to help protect the creative work that those artists have worked so hard on from being stolen. I think anyone who is interested the music industry should check this association out. Remember you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise and like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!

No comments:

Post a Comment