Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

August Alsina

Happy Wednesday! Once again we are at the halfway mark in the week before we get to our favorite time of the week. Of course I am talking about the weekend but before we get to that we have to take care of some very important business of picking another "Artist Of The Week". This weeks artist that I feel is putting his own unique spin on R&B music that I am enjoy a lot. His name is August Alsina. August Alsina Jr. was born on September 3, 1992 in New Orleans, Louisiana. August was inspired by music artist like Lauryn Hill and in 2007 he started posting videos on YouTube. What really pushed him to pursue his musical dreams was his tough upbringing and dealing  his brother being shot to death in 2010. In 2011 he moved to Atlanta, Georgia with a mission to break into the music industry.   August is current signed to Def Jam Records and released his first studio album on April 15, 2014 called "Testify". He has also got a few awards under his belt pickings "Best New Artist" at the 2014 BET Awards. What got my attention was his song "I Luv This S**t". I feel he has an amazing voice and his music is able to make you get up and move, can help to put you in that romantic mood and provide some life lessons as well. Another thing I love about August and his music is that it is authentic, raw and truthful. Most importantly it is his story and his truth and it really come across in his music and his sound. So take a listen and tell me what you think. Remember you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise and like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!

                                                            www.augustalsina.com
                                                www.facebook.com/augustalsinamusic

No comments:

Post a Comment