Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tobymac

Hello everyone I think we can all breath a sigh of relief because the weekend is very very near. So let's take a moment and pick another" Artist Of The Week" before we get all of that fun started. I think this weeks "Artist Of The Week" I think you guys will find quite interesting. He goes by the name Tobymac. Tobymac is a Christian Hip Hop artists that I feel is putting  a  mainstream twist on Christian music that could help take it to the mainstream. Tobymac was first known for being a member of the Christian vocal trio DC Talk, staying with them from 1987 until their announced hiatus in 2000. He has since continued a successful solo career with the release of five studio albums. Which include "Momentum"," Welcome To Diverse City "& "Eye On It".With his album Eye On It Tobymac became the third Christian artist to have a number 1 debut on the Billboard 200. Between his days in his Christian group and his solo career he has sold more than 10 million albums. His fifth studio album, "Eye On It"was released on August 28, 2012 and received a Grammy for Best Contemporary Christian Music Album. What got my attention was his song called "Lose My Soul". I feel that he is a artist who has the ability to have mass appeal to the public but most importantly their so a message behind his music. So take a listen and tell me what you think. Remember you can follow me on twitter @StarsOnTheRise and like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!







                                                              http://tobymac.com/
                                                    https://www.facebook.com/tobymac

No comments:

Post a Comment