Search This Blog

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Jhene Aiko

Hello everyone! I hope you have had a great week so far and I hope each one of you tuned into the Grammy Awards on Sunday. I think this years show was a great one and congrats to all of the winners. Now back to business of another "Artist Of The Week" and who knows they may see a Grammy Award in their future. This weeks Artist is a young female who I think has the potential to do big things in the music industry her name is Jhene Aiko. Jhene was born in Los Angeles, California on March 16, 1988. She is an American singer and songwriter who has been apart of the music industry longer then you might think. Her older sisters Miyoko and Jamila were in the R&B group Gyrl and toured with Immature, who were signed to MCA/Silas Records. This led to Jhené’s first meeting with producer Chris Stokes when she was five years old, and eventually he heard her sing. When B2K signed with Epic Records, Jhené was signed as well. She served as the opening act for B2K on their Scream Tour 3. Jhene appeared in numerous music videos including B2K's debut video Uh Huh and P.Y.T.'s Same Ol' Same Ol' (Remix). Jhené also has songs featured on the soundtracks of "Barbershop","The Master of Disguise", You Got Served,[24] "The Proud Family and Byou. She released a video for her single NO L.O.V.E (re-recorded from Tha' Rayne version in 2002) which debuted on BET's 106 & Park when she was 15 years old. Soon after she was set to her self-titled debut album but the album was never released due to tension at the record label Epic, in which Aiko asked to be released from the label. Aiko then began to focus on school. In 2007, Aiko made a return to music, in an interview she spoke on the choice saying “Shortly before I conceived my daughter, I stepped back into the field and took a meeting with a label head. In this meeting, I was innocently told, to ‘sell’ myself when walking into these meetings. “That’s when I decided I would ‘sail’ myself rather than sell myself.” In 2012, Aiko met with No I.D., record producer and vice president of A&R at Def Jam, who ended up signing Aiko to his Artium Records imprint through Def Jam. Aiko released the track "3:16AM" which was made available for digital download on iTunes September 4, 2012. In June 2013, Aiko was featured on the Big Sean song "Beware", which ended up reaching the Top 40 in the United States. This was her first song to chart on the US Billboard Hot 100. In October 2013, it was revealed Jhené Aiko would open for Canadian rapper Drake on his Would You like a Tour? concert tour.[35][36][37] She had previously collaborated with Drake on his third album Nothing Was the Same (2013), lending her vocals on the tracks "Wu-Tang Forever" and "From Time". Aiko then released her debut EP Sail Out, on November 12, 2013. "Bed Peace" featuring Childish Gambino was released as the album's second single on September 17, 2013. What I love about her is that she has this strong vocal ability that that seem to also be easy and effortless. I their is nothing more I can say I just love her. So take a listen and tell me what you think. Remember you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise and like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!

                                                               http://jheneaiko.com/
                                 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jhene-Aiko/205547849459987

No comments:

Post a Comment