Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

RaVaughn

Happy Wednesday to all of my wonderful "Stars On The Rise" followers it is that time to pick another "Artist Of The Week". Once again I was feeling in a very soulful place with the artist that I pick for this week. This week's "Artist Of The Week" is a soulful female singer that has talents that include both singing and songwriting it is none other than RaVaughn. RaVaughn was born in Carson, California and since she was a child had a strong love and passion for music. RaVaughn's passion for music started at an early age. At age 16, RaVaughn won two rounds and qualified for the finals in "Showtime at the Apollo". After attending college in New York and putting out a few demos she became a background singer on the hit TV show Glee for three seasons. Shortly thereafter she was signed to Ne-Yo's imprint Compound University and soon after to Columbia Records in 2011. What got my attention about RaVaughn is her soulful vocal tone that remind me a little of Anita Baker but she puts this fresh contemporary spin on her sound to make it current. I think she has a vocal style that can make her kind of music timeless for many years to come. So take a listen and tell me what you think. Remember you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise and like my page on Facebook just look for the logo.
                                                               www.itsravaughn.com/‎
                                               https://www.facebook.com/RavaughnOfficial

No comments:

Post a Comment