Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Serena Ryder

Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! Let's all jump for joy the work week is half way over, but I think we all all know we have to get some important business out of the way. So before we start making all of those exciting weekend plans let pick another "Artist Of The Week"! This weeks artist that comes from Canada and she is a female that I think is very special and is doing music on her own terms. Her name Serena Ryder she was born in Toronto, she grew up in Millbrook,Ontario. Ryder first gained national recognition with her ballad "Weak in the Knees" in 2007. An accomplished songwriter and musician, she also possesses a three-octave vocal range. She grew up listening to old Beatles and Leonard Cohen record as a child, which I found to a clear inspiration for her sound with a slight folk twist. Serena in my opinion has this old soul type quality but she knows how to put a current modern feel that will connect with many ages and musical taste. So take a listen and tell me what you think. Remember you can follow on me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise and like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!
                                                    http://serenaryder.com/
                                           https://www.facebook.com/SerenaRyder
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment