Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dr. Maya Angelou


Hello to all of my loyal Stars On The Rise followers I hope you are all having a fun and exciting weekend after a long and stressful workweek. Today I am bringing you another very special post from the normal Artist of The Week post. This weeks post is to celebrate and remember a person that the world lost earlier this week Dr. Maya Angelou.
She was a woman that I admired and grew up looking up to. Dr. Maya Angelou was a very talent and strong female who really showed that there is no limit to what you can do and achieve in life when you but in the hard work and determination. Dr. Maya Angelou was a woman who wore many hats by being an accomplished author, actress and poet. One of my favorite books I Know Why The Cage Bird Sings is still one of my favorites that I enjoy reading to this day. I can also remembering having to recite her poem Still I Rise for a school program in elementary school. Dr. Maya Angelou has achieved so much in her time in the spotlight. Dr. Angelou has served on two presidential committees, was awarded the Presidential Medal of Arts in 2000, the Lincoln Medal in 2008, and has received 3 Grammy Awards.  Dr. Maya Angelou has also received over 50 honorary degrees and is Reynolds Professor of American Studies at Wake Forest University. Like so many people around the world I was saddened by the new of Dr. Maya Angelou’s passing. She might have left this earth but her achievement and legacy will always live on. Dr. Maya Angelou was a great example of making your time on this plant count and stand for something. If her death has taught us anything make your time on earth count and leave a mark that you can be proud of. Dr. Maya Angelou you will truly be missed. Remember you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise or like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!
                                                       April 4, 1928 - May 28, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment