Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Caro Emerald

Hello and happy Wednesday to all of my "Star On The Rise" loyal followers. I hope you have had a great week so far. I bet you guys have been wondering where I have been and what I have been up to? I just needed a little R & R so that I can be at my best when bringing the musical treasures that come my way. I happy to say that I am back and very excited about this weeks "Artist Of The Week"! This weeks "Artist Of The Week" in an artist that I feel is very special and unique and she goes by the name Caro Emerald. Born Caroline Esmeralda van der Leeuw is a Dutch pop and jazz singer. She was born in Amsterdam, Netherlands on April 26, 1981. Caro Emerald made her debut in 2009 with her song "Back It Up" and here next single "A Night Like This" reached number 1 on the Netherlands music chart. Her debut album "Deleted Scenes From The Cutting Room Floor" set a new all-time Dutch chart record on 20 August 2010, spending its 30th week at number one on the country's albums chart, beating the previous record set by Micheal Jackson's "Thriller" by one week. The album became the biggest selling album of 2010 in the Netherlands and has sold over 300,000 copies so far. In total more than a million copies have been sold. What caught my attention about Caro Emerald was her song "I Belong To You". She is definitely an artist that who is a true musical artist. I love how she put a contemporary spin on the jazz sound. I think her music takes things back to the basics of what real music without all of tool and gimmicks that are used now. I love how her voice is the focus and what catches your attention. So take a listen and tell me what you think. Remember you can follow me on Twitter @StarsOnTheRise and like my page on Facebook just look for the logo!
                                                            http://www.caroemerald.com/
                                                https://www.facebook.com/CaroEmeraldOfficial

No comments:

Post a Comment